The seats to be allotted in our institutions under the rules for Admissions are classified as :
- Category A Seats
- Category B Seats
- PIO(Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ CWG)
- The Category A seats shall be 70% of sanctioned intake of seats in each course which shall be filled with eligible candidates on the basis of rank obtained at EAMCET /JEE.
- The Category B Seats shall be 30% of the total intakes of seats in each course candidate on merit basis including candidates belong to other states and Union Territories of India and NRIs/NRI sponsored candidates.
- The Supernumerary Quota for PIO/Foreign Nationals/CWG seats shall be filled in excess of 15% of the approved in take per each course .
- In respect of under graduate professional courses in Engineering Candidates should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December of the academic year which the admissions are being conducted.
For Category A
The candidates should have passed the qualifying examination (10+2) conducted by the board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh or Equivalent with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology /Biology Chemistry subjects and obtained at least 45% marks in above subjects taken together/(40%in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories ) and should have secured a rank at the Common Entrance Test.
For Category B
The Seats shall be filled on merit basis with candidates belonging to other states and Union Territories who have secured rank at AIEEE/JEE and secured not less than 45% of marks in prescribed group subject in the qualifying examination.
The seats remaining unfilled shall be filled with eligible candidate, who have qualified in the EAMCET examination on merit basis.
There after, if any seats still remain unfilled such seats may be filled on merit basis with candidates securing not less than 45% (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) of marks in the prescribed group subjects taken together/ aggregate marks in the qualification examination
Diploma holders with a minimum of 45% of marks in Engineering subjects are also eligible for admissions into I B.Tech course
For PIO /Foreign/Nationals (Extra Numerary seats)
The candidates should have passed in the qualifying Examination(10+2 / equivalent) with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate or in group.